Automatic Cell Phone Protection* compliments of your Citi ForwardSM card - Pay your cell phone bill every month with your Citi Forward card and receive cell phone protection.
Link - https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/copy.do?screenID=1867&OFR=TR_...
Pay your monthly cell phone bill with your Citi Forward card and receive:
• Automatic cell phone protection from damage or theft
• Coverage on phones and PDAs
• Up to $250 per eligible claim (with a $50 co-pay)
To get started, just pay your cell phone bill with your Citi Forward card every month and we'll do the rest!
Click below to find out how to setup recurring bill payments with your wireless service provider.
*Certain conditions, restrictions and exclusions apply to Cellular Telephone Protection, provided by Indemnity Insurance Company of North America. Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a maximum reimbursement amount of $250 in excess of the $50 co-payment you are required to pay. For complete program details refer to your Summary of Additional Program Information.
Cellular Telephone Protection.
Coverage effective November 1, 2009.
Q. What is Cellular Telephone Protection?
A. Subject to these terms and conditions Cellular Telephone Protection will reimburse the enrolled Visa cardmember (the “Cardmember”, also referred to as “You” or “Your”) for damage to or theft of eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones subject to the terms listed below. Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones are limited to the primary line and up to the first two secondary, additional, or supplemental lines as listed on Your cellular provider’s monthly billing statement for the billing cycle preceding the month in which the theft or damage occurred. Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a fifty-dollar ($50.00) co-payment per claim and a maximum of two (2) claims per twelve (12) month period. The maximum benefit limit is $250 per claim and $500 per twelve (12) month period.
Q. Who is eligible for this protection?
A. Only Cellular Wireless Telephones purchased by the eligible cardmember will be covered.
To be eligible for Cellular Telephone Protection, You must be a valid cardmember of an eligible U.S.-issued Visa card enrolled in the Cellular Telephone Protection benefit and charge Your monthly Cellular Wireless Telephone bills to Your eligible Visa card. Following the program effective date set forth above, Your Cellular Telephone Protection begins the first day of the calendar month following the payment of the Cellular Wireless Telephone bill using an eligible Visa card. If a cardmember fails to make a Cellular Wireless Telephone bill payment in a particular month, the Cellular Telephone Protection is suspended until the first day of the calendar month following the date of any future Cellular Wireless Telephone bill payment with the eligible card while the Cellular Telephone Protection benefit continues to be offered.
Q. What type of protection is this?
A. Cellular Telephone Protection is supplemental to, and excess of, valid and collectible insurance or indemnity (including, but not limited to, Cellular Wireless Telephone insurance programs, homeowner’s, renter’s, automobile, or employer’s insurance policies). After all insurance or indemnity has been exhausted, Cellular Telephone Protection will cover the damage or theft up to $250 per claim, subject the terms, conditions, exclusions, and limits of liability of this benefit as well as the fifty dollar ($50.00) co-payment. The maximum limit of liability is $250 per claim occurrence, and $500 per twelve (12) month period. You will receive no more than the purchase price less your fifty dollar ($50.00) co-payment as recorded on Your submitted receipt.
Q. What is not covered?
A. • Cellular Wireless Telephone accessories other than standard battery and/or standard antenna provided by the manufacturer.
• Cellular Wireless Telephone purchased for resale, professional, or commercial use.
• Cellular Wireless Telephones that are lost or “mysteriously disappear.” “Mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner where there is absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons.
• Cellular Wireless Telephone under the care and control of a common carrier (including, but not limited to, U.S. Postal Service, airplanes, or delivery service).
• Cellular Wireless Telephone stolen from baggage unless hand-carried and under Your personal supervision, or under the supervision of Your traveling companion who is previously known to You.
• Cellular Wireless Telephone stolen from a construction site.
• Cellular Wireless Telephone which has been rented, leased, borrowed or Cellular
Wireless Telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid plan or “pay as you go” type plans.
• Cosmetic damage to the Cellular Wireless Telephone or damage that does not impact the Cellular Wireless Telephone’s ability to make or receive phone calls.
• Damage or theft resulting from abuse, intentional acts, fraud, hostilities of any kind (including, but not limited to, war, invasion, rebellion, or insurrection), confiscation by the authorities, risks of contraband, illegal activities, normal wear and tear, flood, earthquake, radioactive contamination, or damage from inherent product defects or vermin.
• Damage or theft resulting from misdelivery or voluntary parting with the Cellular Wireless Telephone.
• Replacement Cellular Wireless Telephone not purchased from a cellular service provider’s retail or Internet store.
• Taxes, delivery and transportation charges, and any fees associated with the cellular service provider.
Do I need to keep copies of receipts or any other records? Yes. If You want to file a claim, You will need copies of Your card statement reflecting monthly Cellular Wireless Telephone bill payments during the time of the damage or theft and Your store receipt for purchase of Your new Cellular Wireless Telephone.
Q. How do I file a claim?
A. Call the Benefit Administrator at 1-866-894-8569 (or collect at 410-581-9994) within sixty (60) days of damage or theft. Please note: If You do not give such notice within sixty (60) days after the damage or theft Your claim may be denied. The Benefit Administrator representative will ask You for some preliminary claim information and send You the appropriate claim form. This claim form must be completed, signed, and returned with all the requested documentation within ninety (90) days from the date of damage or theft of the eligible Cellular Wireless Telephone or Your claim may be denied.
Q. What do I need to submit with my claim?
A. • Your completed and signed claim form.
• Copies of Your card statement reflecting the entire monthly Cellular Wireless Telephone payments for the month preceding the date of damage or theft.
• A copy of Your cellular wireless service provider billing statement that corresponds with the above card statement.
• A copy of the original Cellular Wireless Telephone purchase receipt or other sufficient proof, as determined in the Benefit Administrator’s sole discretion, of the Cellular Wireless Telephone model currently linked to Your Cellular Wireless Telephone account.
• If the claim is due to theft or criminal action, a copy of the police report filed within
48 hours of the occurrence.
• If the claim is due to damage, a copy of an insurance claim or other report as the Benefit Administrator, in its sole discretion, deems necessary to determine eligibility for coverage. In addition the Benefit Administrator may in its sole discretion require (a) an itemized estimate of repair from an authorized Cellular Wireless Telephone repair facility or (b) the Cardmember to submit the Cellular Wireless Telephone to the Benefit Administrator to evaluate the damage or (c) an itemized store receipt for the replacement Cellular Wireless Telephone showing the purchase was made at a cellular service provider’s retail or Internet store (for example: Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint Wireless, etc.). If the claim amount is less than Your personal homeowner’s, renter’s, or automobile insurance deductible, a copy of Your insurance policy personal declaration
page is sufficient for Your claim. If the claim amount is greater than Your personal homeowner’s, renter’s, or automobile insurance deductible, You are required to file a claim with Your applicable insurance company and to submit a copy of any claims settlement from Your insurance company along with Your claim form.
• Documentation (if available) of any other settlement of the claim.
• Any other documentation deemed necessary, in the Benefit Administrator’s sole discretion, to substantiate Your claim.
All claims must be fully substantiated as to the time, place, cause, and purchase price of the Cellular Wireless Telephone.
Q. How will I be reimbursed?
A. Depending on the nature and circumstances of the damage or theft, the Benefit
Administrator, at its sole discretion, may choose to repair or replace the Cellular Wireless
Telephone or reimburse the cardmember for the lesser of a) $250 excess of the fifty dollar
($50.00) co-payment; or b) the current suggested retail price of a replacement
Cellular Wireless Telephone of like kind and quality, excluding taxes, delivery and transportation charges, and any fees associated with the Cellular Wireless Telephone service provider, less the fifty-dollar ($50.00) co-payment.
Please note: Cellular Telephone Protection is subject to a maximum of two (2) claim occurrences per twelve (12) month period. Under normal circumstances, reimbursement will take place within ten (10) business days of receipt and approval of claim form and all required documents.
Additional Provisions for Cellular Telephone Protection: This protection provides benefits only to You the eligible Visa cardmember. You shall use due diligence and do all things reasonable to avoid or diminish any loss or damage to the Cellular Wireless Telephone from damage or theft. This provision will not be applied unreasonably to avoid claims.
If You make any claim knowing it to be false or fraudulent in any respect including, but not limited to, the cost of repair services, no coverage shall exist for such claim and the Cellular Telephone Protection benefit may be canceled. Each cardmember agrees that representations regarding claims will be accurate and complete. Any and all relevant provisions shall be void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment, or misrepresentation of material fact by the cardmember.
Once You report an occurrence of damage or theft, a claim file will be opened and shall remain open for six (6) months from the date of the damage or theft. No payment will be made on a claim that is not completely substantiated in the manner required by the Benefit Administrator within six (6) months of the date of damage or theft.
After the Benefit Administrator has paid Your claim, all Your rights and remedies against any party in respect of this claim will be transferred to the Benefit Administrator to the extent of payment made to You. You must give all assistance as may be reasonably necessary to secure all rights and remedies.
No legal action for a claim may be brought against Us until sixty (60) days after the Benefit Administrator receives all necessary documentation needed to substantiate damage or theft. After the expiration of three (3) years from the time written Proof of Loss was to be provided, no action shall be brought to recover on this benefit. Further, no legal action may be brought against Us unless these terms and conditions have been complied with fully.
This benefit is provided to eligible Visa cardmembers at no additional cost. These terms and conditions may be modified by subsequent endorsements.
Modifications to the terms and conditions may be provided via additional mailings, statement inserts, or statement messages. The benefit described in this terms and conditions document will not apply to Visa cardmembers whose accounts have been suspended or canceled. The Cellular Telephone Protection described in this terms and conditions document will not apply to cardmembers whose applicable Visa card account(s) are closed, delinquent, or otherwise in default.
Termination dates may vary by financial institutions. Visa and/or Your financial institution can cancel or non-renew the benefit, and if we do, we will notify You at least thirty (30) days in advance. This information describes the benefit provided to You as a Visa cardmember. It is insured by Indemnity Insurance Company of North America.
FORM #CELLPHONE (10/08)
© 2009 Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.
Citi Forward is a service mark of Citigroup Inc.